WHAT DO YOUR COMPETITIVE PROGRAM FEES COVER
Competitive Team Player Fees 2022-2023 Season
Prior to high school, the SWVA Rush competitive team soccer year consists of two seasons: Fall and Spring. Each season runs for approximately 16 weeks. Our fall season runs from Aug 1st to Nov 15th (times vary with tournaments. Spring season runs from last week in Feb to Mid.
To participate in our programs, players must use our online registration system to register, select the programs they wish to participate in, and pay for their Club Fees. Our Club Fees cover the cost to participate for an entire soccer year (August-May). Fee is split by season, except for the Academy programs and Rec Programs.
Club Fees cover player training, facility use, field maintenance and rentals, coaches pay and training, and other operating and administrative costs, league entry fee, ref fees and one tournament entry fee and coaches expenses for that tournament. They also include unlimited participation in extra programs such as goalkeeper training.
Club Fees do not include the cost of uniforms or additional tournaments. There are additional costs for offseason programs such as Winter Training and Summer Training.
These fees are paid through the online registration system. Club fees may be paid upfront in their entirety, or they may be paid in installments throughout the year. The club will also work out individual payment plans if needed. (All installments will have a credit card transaction fee).
SWVA Rush offers a Financial Aid Program to eligible competitive players that can be applied towards a player’s Club Fees. To apply for this program, please download the SWVA Rush Financial Aid Application. Email completed application and supporting documentation to email@example.com. To learn more click here.
Any players requesting financial aid for the Fall and/or Spring season must complete and submit the Financial Aid application by August 1 (NO EXCEPTIONS). All applications are reviewed discretely. Please note the Club has a limited budget set aside to accommodate these requests, funds will be awarded based on need and eligibility.
Players will be notified via email whether or not they are eligible to receive aid from this program. Financial aid is only available for Club Fees. All other expenses such as Uniforms and Tournament Fees as well as personal travel expenses will need to be paid in full by each family.
P.O. Box 1773
Radford, VA 24143
Monday - Thursday: 9:00a - 4:00p
Friday: 10:00a - 2:00p
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
U4 - U14 RECREATIONAL LEAGUE (ABINGDON AREA)
Southwest Virginia Rush Spring 2023 Rec Soccer League!
The Southwest Virginia Rush Soccer Recreational Program is an exciting, fun and energetic program for players U4-U14.
- Coaches: We need coaches! Parents, High School students, College students.
- Pay for Coaches: (If you volunteer to coach your child plays for free)
- HS and College Coaches: (Will be compensated depending on experience)
- All coaches will receive training and coaches gear- must complete Safesport and Background check.
Key Spring 2023 Recreational League dates include:
- Spring 2023 Timeline
–February 24th : Registration Closes (late registrants accepted only if space available with a late fee)
– March 1st : Teams are created
– March 8th : Coaches are sent team list and contact information
– Week of March 13th: First play date
– Week of May 1st: Last play date
- Ongoing weekly communication with families and coaches
- Register HERE
Abingdon Recreational Uniform
If you are in need of a new uniform or the uniform no longer fits, you will purchase new with Capelli.***
- Jerseys vary in cost based on size and number - $14-$19 per jersey
- Shorts based on size - $12-$14
- Socks - $11.50
How to order:
- Click on your club’s landing page HERE
- Enter the password: SW592
- The tabs are listed on the left side. Optional gear/fanshop is where you can find spirit wear and mandatory is where you can get extra jerseys, match shorts, training kits etc.
- Rec players will be listed under the mandatory developmental tabs. All rec coed players will be under boys developmental kits. Note: If you do not see your player's name.Choose "Generic or Any Player" to complete your order.
- To buy mandatory items for players, use the team and player pull down menus at the top of the mandatory page and then find your player’s name. It will auto populate under the items. Choose your size and add to cart.
|6U||4 v 4||32 mins|
|8U||4 v 4||40 mins|
|10U||7 v 7||50 mins|
|12U||9 v 9||50 mins|
|14U||11 v 11
7 v 7
$55 per player
|6U||6 - 8||$50|
|8U||6 - 8||$55|
|10U||10 - 12||$55|
We desire for every child to have the opportunity to play rec soccer. If you are in need of financial assistance please fill out this form HERE
What extra equipment and gear do I need? (Does not need to be purchased through Capelli Sport)
- U5-U8 - size 3 ball
- 9U-12U use a size 4
- 13U and above size 5
- Shin Guards
- Soccer Cleats
- Water Bottle
Questions and Answers
What does my child need to bring to practice?
- Shin Guards
What does my child need to bring for games?
- Shin Guards
- Water Bottle
How will we find out about canceled practice or games?
Messages will be sent out through Playmetrics about cancellations.