U4-U14 RECREATIONAL LEAGUE (IN-HOUSE LEAGUE)
What is an in-house league? A league in which teams only play teams within the same program. No away game travel required. Just a simple, Rush vs Rush set up.
The U4-U14 Recreational Program is an exciting, fun and energetic in-house program for players 3 to 14 years old! Teams will be formed based on age, and ability. Rush aims to foster a safe, fun, educational experience for your child as well as a solid foundation for lifetime skills. Come join the Rush family!
– 8 week program
– Teams are coached by parent volunteer coaches with the help of the DOC who creates practice plans for all the teams
– Located at The Meadows, Abingdon, VA.
program age group: U4-U14
Contact info: Recdirector@Swvarush
Cost range: $25-$55 + Uniform
SEASON DETAILS: Fall 2022
Fall 2022 Timeline
– Aug 17, 2022: Registration Closes (late registrants accepted only if space available with a late fee)
– Aug 20, 2022: Teams are created
– Aug 24, 2022: Coaches are sent team list and contact information
– Aug 17, 2022: Coaches Training
– Week of Aug 27: First play date
– Week of Oct 15: Last play date
Still have questions? Take a look at our FAQ Page or contact our program contact
Rec Director (Abingdon Area)
Every team is required to provide a volunteer coach to coach the team for the season. This person is almost always a parent of a player on the team. The coach will be provided with a Rush Curriculum and a Coach’s Equipment Kit.
– Communicate efficiently with team
– Determine team’s practice schedule
– Lead team in training sessions (1/week) and on game days (1/weekend)
– Responsible for finding a sub if ever absent for any training sessions or games
– Attend pre-season meeting
This role is very important to help our teams have a successful season! We ask that each team provide a team manager for the season to help with communication and organization.
– Work with a coach to help communicate with the team about the team’s schedule
– Set up a game-day snack rotation
– Set up pictures with club photographer
– Set up an end-of-season party
Interested in becoming a volunteer coach or team manager? Please contact Adrienne Harris at your earliest convenience.
Adrienne Harris: RecDirector@swvarush.com
The rush Way
Recreational soccer stresses the participation, enjoyment, sportsmanship, skill development, safety, and teamwork aspects of the game. The goal is for the players to learn and fall in love with the sport of soccer.
Our recreational teams are formed by Rush staff and coached by parent volunteers using a “neighborhood” concept following the boundaries of the local school districts’ elementary schools as closely as possible. All recreational teams will be coached by a parent volunteer. This parent must have a child on the team. Rush staff will support this volunteer parent with coaching education tools and pre-made training sessions to ensure a great environment for the players.
If you are interested in coaching please email the Rec Director, RecDirector@SWVARush.com
Want to Join The Club?
P.O. Box 1773
Radford, VA 24143
Monday - Thursday: 9:00a - 4:00p
Friday: 10:00a - 2:00p
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
U4 - U14 RECREATIONAL LEAGUE (ABINGDON AREA)
Southwest Virginia Rush Spring 2023 Rec Soccer League!
The Southwest Virginia Rush Soccer Recreational Program is an exciting, fun and energetic program for players U4-U14.
- Coaches: We need coaches! Parents, High School students, College students.
- Pay for Coaches: (If you volunteer to coach your child plays for free)
- HS and College Coaches: (Will be compensated depending on experience)
- All coaches will receive training and coaches gear- must complete Safesport and Background check.
Key Spring 2023 Recreational League dates include:
- Spring 2023 Timeline
–February 24th : Registration Closes (late registrants accepted only if space available with a late fee)
– March 1st : Teams are created
– March 8th : Coaches are sent team list and contact information
– Week of March 13th: First play date
– Week of May 1st: Last play date
- Ongoing weekly communication with families and coaches
- Register HERE
Abingdon Recreational Uniform
If you are in need of a new uniform or the uniform no longer fits, you will purchase new with Capelli.***
- Jerseys vary in cost based on size and number - $14-$19 per jersey
- Shorts based on size - $12-$14
- Socks - $11.50
How to order:
- Click on your club’s landing page HERE
- Enter the password: SW592
- The tabs are listed on the left side. Optional gear/fanshop is where you can find spirit wear and mandatory is where you can get extra jerseys, match shorts, training kits etc.
- Rec players will be listed under the mandatory developmental tabs. All rec coed players will be under boys developmental kits. Note: If you do not see your player's name.Choose "Generic or Any Player" to complete your order.
- To buy mandatory items for players, use the team and player pull down menus at the top of the mandatory page and then find your player’s name. It will auto populate under the items. Choose your size and add to cart.
|6U||4 v 4||32 mins|
|8U||4 v 4||40 mins|
|10U||7 v 7||50 mins|
|12U||9 v 9||50 mins|
|14U||11 v 11
7 v 7
$55 per player
|6U||6 - 8||$50|
|8U||6 - 8||$55|
|10U||10 - 12||$55|
We desire for every child to have the opportunity to play rec soccer. If you are in need of financial assistance please fill out this form HERE
What extra equipment and gear do I need? (Does not need to be purchased through Capelli Sport)
- U5-U8 - size 3 ball
- 9U-12U use a size 4
- 13U and above size 5
- Shin Guards
- Soccer Cleats
- Water Bottle
Questions and Answers
What does my child need to bring to practice?
- Shin Guards
What does my child need to bring for games?
- Shin Guards
- Water Bottle
How will we find out about canceled practice or games?
Messages will be sent out through Playmetrics about cancellations.